- Preheat the oven to 200 °C. Boil the Quinoa in plenty of water until tender, about 12 minutes. Pour off the cooking liquid and drain the Quinoa well in a sieve.
- In a large bowl, combine the spelt flour, sugar, vanilla sugar, baking powder, blueberries and a pinch of salt.
- In a second bowl, whisk the eggs, almond milk and oil. Zest the lemon over this bowl. Stir in the Quinoa.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour and fold together. Spoon the batter into the muffin cases. Place the tin in the middle of the oven and bake the muffins until golden brown and cooked through, about 30 minutes.
- Remove the tin from the oven and allow to cool on a cooling rack before removing the muffins from the tin. Store the cooled muffins in an airtight sealable container. They will stay fresh for about 3 days.
Variation: instead of blueberries, you can also add dried cranberries, raisins or chopped dates.
Vegetable suggestion: you can replace some of the blueberries with grated carrot.
12-hole cupcake/muffin tin, lined with paper muffin/cupcake cases, zester