- Boil the Quinoa in plenty of salted water for 12 minutes until tender. Pour off the cooking liquid, drain the Quinoa well in a sieve and allow to cool slightly. For this recipe, you can cook the Quinoa a day in advance.
- Boil the broccoli in a pan of boiling salted water for 2 minutes. Pour off the cooking liquid and rinse the broccoli with cold water to cool. Drain well in a sieve.
- Puree the spinach, basil, porridge oats, eggs, cheese and broccoli in the food processor for 1 minute. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the broccoli puree to a large bowl. Add the Quinoa and fold together. Transfer to a smaller bowl or container and allow to firm up in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Use the ice cream scoop to drop approx. 10 small scoops directly into the hot oil, and fry for 5 minutes until golden brown and cooked through. Use a fork or tongs to turn while cooking. Remove them from the pan and allow to drain on paper towels. Do the same with the rest of the broccoli puree. Drizzle the Sriracha sauce on top and garnish with spring onions and red pepper.
Variation: make larger burgers from the mixture for a main course. Shape them with your hands, and fry them on both sides until golden brown. Serve each burger on a bun with lettuce and mayonnaise.
Vegetable suggestion: arrange the bites on a piece of romaine lettuce and a pinch of cress or alfalfa sprouts.