- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and sauté the onions for 10 minutes until translucent (do not brown), to give them a soft, sweet flavour.
- Meanwhile, boil the Quinoa in plenty of water until tender, about 12 minutes. Pour off the cooking liquid.
- Stir the corn and the cumin powder into the onions. Pour in the vegetable stock and bring the soup to the boil. Turn down the heat, and let the soup simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- Use the hand blender to puree the corn soup, and season with salt and pepper. Stir the cooked Quinoa into the soup, reserving 4 tablespoons to garnish.
- Ladle the soup into 4 deep bowls and garnish with the reserved Quinoa, coriander, chives and red chilli pepper. Serve with lime wedges.
Tip: for a surprising flavour, add 200 ml coconut milk to the soup while simmering.
Vegetable suggestion: stir a handful of baby spinach or rocket leaves into the soup immediately before serving.