- You can make the pickled cauliflower in advance: add the vinegar, sugar and turmeric to 500 ml water and bring to the boil. Cut the cauliflower into small florets, add them to the pan and boil for 3-5 minutes until crisp-tender. Allow them to cool in the cooking liquid, and store in a preserving jar in the fridge if necessary.
- Meanwhile, boil the Quinoa in plenty of salted water until tender, about 12 minutes. Pour off the cooking liquid, drain the Quinoa well in a sieve and allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, finely grate the carrots with the box grater. In a bowl, combine the grated carrot, beetroot julienne, pomegranate seeds, ginger syrup and oil. Season the salad with 1 tablespoon vinegar, and salt and pepper. Fold the Quinoa, pickled cauliflower and red pepper into the salad.
- Toast the pine nuts in a dry frying pan until golden. Lightly sprinkle with salt, and transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel.
- Divide the Quinoa salad into 4 deep bowls. Sprinkle with coriander and pine nuts.
Variation: add a grilled portobello mushroom to make a main-course salad.
Vegetable suggestion: delicious with cooked chickpeas.