- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and sauté the onions and celery for 10 minutes until translucent (do not brown), to give them a soft, sweet flavour.
- Meanwhile, boil the Quinoa in plenty of salted water until tender, about 12 minutes. Pour off the cooking liquid.
- Stir the red peppers into the onions. Add the peeled tomatoes. Season with salt, pepper and paprika powder. Pour in the vegetable stock and bring the soup to the boil. Turn down the heat, add the celery leaves, and let the soup simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- Puree the red pepper soup with the hand blender. It does not have to be completely smooth.
- Spoon the soup into 4 deep soup bowls, and ladle the soup on top.
Variation: roast the red peppers in the oven or on the barbecue for a more concentrated flavour.
Vegetable suggestion: delicious with cooked chickpeas.